Help: Download AWS public dataset

I want to download a data set available on the aws public dataset website. They say its free of cost to download and use those dataset but I am not able to download those dataset. The thing is they have shown the aws commands to use the dataset but I don’t know how to use the aws services and not sure if I use them weather I will be charged or not. So can anyone help me download the data set, without using the aws command line if possible and if its not possible then how to download it using aws command line and weather I will be charged or not for using that. Because its a huge dataset and I am not sure weather aws provide that much storage for free.

You can find publicly available AWS data on its Registry of Open Data at https://registry.opendata.aws/

1 Like

That I saw but the main problem was about aws. Actually the dataset is pretty large and I am not sure weather I have access to the storage of that much size. So I was asking is there any other way to download the dataset without using the storage of aws can I download the dataset in my local computer.

I think the best option would be to download the data to S3, and then download locally from there. This way you can also choose the specific data that you want to download. You can later delete the S3 bucket to save cost.

1 Like

Thank you bhaiya. I found the commands to download the dataset. It doesn’t require any aws storage services. It is not using s3 and all it just need an active aws command. The dataset is storing in my local computer only.

1 Like