Hosted SimpleLogin - email alias solution

When signing up for services, we usually do so using our email address. While this may seem harmless initially, but after signing up for 200+ services and newsletters you start to see a lot of spam coming your way. Even worse is when some company sells off your data, or its data is breached and is available for anyone to buy.

This is where email aliasing is useful. Essentially, you give everyone the alias and any mail sent to that alias is forwarded to your real mailbox. You can create a unique alias for every service you use, or for anyone you give your email to.

SimpleLogin is one such service that allows you to create email aliases. It does have a very generous free tier, but even better is that its source code is completely open-source. So we decided to host SimpleLogin ourselves so we can have all the premium features on-premises.

How to sign up on our hosted SimpleLogin?

1. Go to sl.dsce.in and create an account using your real email. By default, all the emails from aliases will be forwarded to the email you used to sign up.
  2. Verify your email.
  3. You should receive a welcome email - congratulations, your new account is created.

How do I use it?

1. You can create a new alias by clicking on the New Custom Alias button on the top left.
  2. Enter the desired alias address. If it is available, you’ll be able to get it for yourself.
  3. You can choose from one of the two domains - me.dsce.in or me.pointblank.club.
  4. Use the newly created alias. All the mails will be forwarded to your real mailbox.

Tip: If you quickly want a new random alias, click on the Random Alias button on the top left. A new alias with a random mailbox address will be generated.

What other features can I use here?

Multiple Mailbox

Add more than one mailbox to your account. You can choose which alias forwards email to your which mailbox.

Replies

Not only receiving emails, but you can use this platform to send replies. Just reply to the email you have received and the sender will receive a reply from the alias email address. Your real email is never exposed.

Custom domain

You can use your own domain to use it to create aliases for yourself. The domains that you add cannot be used by anyone else - they belong only to you. This can be used if you want to use your own domain for sending and receiving emails but cannot invest in a mail server.

Let us know

@aayush_kumar and I have spent over a month working on this and we’d really like people to start using it. You can always let Ayush or me know if you face any difficulty using it, or if you find anything broken.

2 Likes