Point Blank Group creation discussion thread

Feel free to propose ideas here. You can ask for a poll to be added, or you can type out your idea and people who agree can heart the post.

Guys I am planning to form a group for kaggle. As you all know that there are basically no kagglers in our college but its a great platform to practice and sharpen your data science skills and can also earn a descent amount of money while doing it if you are very good in it. So for those people who doesn’t know what kaggle is and what are its benefits. If you want to build your career in data science or machine learning then this platform is one of the best platforms to practice different algorithms. Its basically like an alternative of competitive programming for data science aspirants. It contains a huge amount of datasets for practice. There are a lot of problems out there which require data science to solve them and here you can find many such kind of problem statements along with a relevant dateset. So you can choose a problem, read it thoroughly, see the given data, analyze the data, try implementing different kind of algorithms on it till you find the best fit optimize the algorithm and submit it. There will be a leader board where you can see where you stand, how good your algorithm performed as compared to others. Their solutions will also be there so that you can learn from them and try to improve yourself. There are a lot of competitions which are held on kaggle with a significant prize money and some of them have other benefits also such as job offers and all. You can also make it as a profession and can earn a huge tone of money if you are good in it. If you want to learn more about kaggle you can have a look at this article ( https://towardsdatascience.com/why-does-everyone-use-kaggle-db1bdf1f1b1a ). What I am planning for this group is 1 model per week. Every Sunday we will have a meeting where we will decide what problem we will be working on in that week and who won the last week’s competitions. Why I choose 1 week for a model is because there are many people who are new to machine learning and haven’t really faced any real life problems so you will have plenty of time to do your research about that problem to think about different approaches to get to the solutions, learn and try out different kind of algorithms and will have plenty of time to hyper tune your model. I am expecting at least 8-10 hours of work per week from you guys. I am also a beginner in this so it will be a continuous learning journey. I will try to help you guys where ever I can. At the end of every competition we can share our ideas how we approached that problem and what kind of tech we used so that we all can learn from others and can improve. My main motive behind forming this group was because for example if you are doing competitive programming its easy to track your progress, but if you are doing data science then its very hard to see if you are improving or not and this thing can sometimes become very frustrating. So by doing regular competitions you all will be able to see yourself progressing and it will boost your confidence.

If you want to know about me, I am a 3rd year guy from ISE and I have been working in this field from about an year. I always wanted to do kaggle and I tried also many times but like its fun when you have people around you who are also participating in those competitions. But I never found anyone so I lost interest and couldn’t proceed further. I hope some of you might be interested in doing this stuff so I am putting a poll.

• Interested
  • Not Interested

0 voters

1 Like

HacktoberFest
You might win Free T-shirt and Stickers.
And of course Open-Source Contributions will shine on your Github Profile.
(P.S.-Im just in for the free stuff😅)
Read more about it.

• Interested
  • Not Intrested
0 voters

IoT, ML and Innovation team

Alright guys, So I have applied to lead this group/team whatevs. There are some things I aim to do since I have worked in both of these fields and I’m not Ashutosh/Akshaj level expert lol but I think I’m decent at it. I don’t really expect anything from your side and all I need is some interest and passion to learn and let’s develop mutually.

These are some things I’ll be focusing on:

• Teach electronics and computational mathematics for using Arduino IDE and Tensorflow(Time being. Pytorch is the future.) respectively in projects.
  • Help develop a intuition/knack for IoT and other systems development
  • Manage data from sensors with different communication protocols like UART, CAN etc. and services like io.adafruit
  • Use WIFI enabled hardware like ESP32 and integrate with ML models using flask on the web
  • Develop drivers(If you’re interested)
  • Use ARM based MCs like STM32 to develop solutions using Mbed
  • Implement IoT systems with raspberry pi and
  • Discuss and innovate to build new things with higher efficiency than things that already exists

I think this kinda helps you in wearable tech, systems development or automation roles in Tesla and other companies as well as some research fields like federated learning. I don’t know much but let’s learn more about it together in this amazing journey :slight_smile:

• Interested
  • Not Interested

0 voters

2 Likes
3 Likes

ACM ICPC 2021

We will be working towards building teams for ACM ICPC 2021 and preparing for the same. Actual dates are not out yet due to covid-19 and the possibility of it being cancelled is also there so choose accordingly, in my opinion if you are doing CP regularly then just go for it.
This is not a Competitive programming group our main focus will be ICPC.
We will follow a rigorous schedule so don’t join if your are not sure. If you are into CP but not particularly ICPC then this group is not for you.
We will be competing in all the codeforces and atcoder rounds, which are around 2~3 per week i.e 6 to 8 hours other than that 3~4 of regular practice, so a total of around 35 hours per week.
Again this is not a CP group so we might also ask you to step back if your plans don’t align with ours.

• Interested

0 voters

Flutter Development Group

Who can join?
Anyone with or without any experience in Flutter.

Expected Weekly Input:
4 -5 hours

Group activities:

• For group members who are completely new to Flutter, I’ll share materials so that they can learn basics.
  • Every week some task will be given like implementing the UI design in flutter or some mini-project (If the task is simple then everyone has to do it individually. Otherwise, if it’s complex then the whole group will work on it together)
  • Every group member has to explore & share some interesting “Flutter Widget” or “Flutter Package” (at least 1 in a week)
  • Later when every group member is confident in Flutter, then we all will work together on some Flutter Project

• Interested

0 voters